The Ridgeback Scoot XL 14" balance bike is full of great features that will help your little rider to set off on their first wheeled adventures.
Best for age 4+ with minimum 16" inseam.
New premium tires! | New paint colors! | Same amazing quality and super light weight!
Same amazing quality since 2007. The Scoot and Ridgeback Scoot XL are safety tested in accordance with bicycle industry protocol!
Balance is quickly learned without the distraction of pedaling!
The world-renowned Ridgeback SCOOT XL Balance Bike is designed to meet the challenging demands of kids age 4-7. Scoot's perfectly proportioned 6061 aluminum frame provides the best fit for comfort and control. Scoot's rear hand brake provides an early understanding of how to safely slow down and stop. Supplied with two seatposts for a seat range of 16" to 22", Scoot accommodates children age 4 to 7. Specifications include a inflated rubber tires and fully serviceable bearings throughout. The handsomely stitched saddle incorporates a handy carrying handle for convenience and Scoot's domed wheel nuts and alloy V-brake complete the safety package.
How the Ridgeback Scoot XL 14" works:
Without the complication of pedals, children are able to narrow their focus on stabilizing themselves and walking the bike. With a little practice, children gradually propel themselves with more confidence and speed. Eventually, forward momentum becomes sufficient to overcome gravity and balance is achieved! Ridgeback Scoot is well equipped for kids to safely practice shifting their body weight and correctly leaning into corners at speed. Once momentum, balance and cornering are mastered, proceeding to a conventional bike with pedals (without training wheels) is a simple formality. Congratulations! Scoot is going to build your child's confidence, place them years ahead of their peers, and put them on the fast track to successful bike riding.
Specifications & Safety Features
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame
- Inflated SPEEDSTER tires by Vee Tire Co
- Aluminum wheels and full bearing hubs
- Rounded dome nuts on wheels
- Superior Aluminum V-brake
- Adjustable reach child-specific brake lever (now positioned on the right hand side)
- Internally routed brake cable for clean lines
- Finely upholstered saddle with integrated carrying handle
- Quick release seat post clamp
- Two seat posts included for growing kids
- Long wheelbase and low center of gravity for stability & comfort
- Weight: 11 pounds (recommended for children min. 36+ lbs)
- Seat height range: 16" to 22" (recommended for children with min. 16" inseam)
- Built by a real bicycle company and safety tested per Bicycle Safety Protocol (not a toy)
- No weight limit! Strong enough to support an adult
- Decals protected under the topcoat (no stickers that peel)
- Industry standard components easily serviced by any bike shop